MISSION OF BSMEPA
Bulgarian Small and Medium Enterprises Promotion Agency subordinate its activities to this Bulgaria to be a country with a high quality of life, based on sustainable socio-economic development in the process of complete integration into the European Union, uniting the efforts of the government and social partners.
The activities carried out by the Agency are performed with the help of several measures aimed at maintaining sustainable economic growth, increasing the competitiveness of Bulgarian enterprises and promoting their development, stimulating the entrepreneurial spirit and supporting technological and innovative productions, and developing public-private partnerships.
ACTIVITY GOALS AND PRIORITIES
- Support for small and medium businesses in Bulgaria. The goal is to increase the competitiveness of small businesses by helping start-ups and viable SMEs to be innovative, ecological, and export-oriented. Favorable conditions are being created for their development by improving their access to finance, encouraging entrepreneurship and enhancing entrepreneurial skills, and simplifying administrative and regulatory requirements, especially for small and micro-enterprises.
- Encourage the family business in Bulgaria, which provides numerous job positions. In Europe, the family business offers workplaces for more than 5 million people; turnover is over 1 trillion euros per year, according to the European Federation of Family Businesses (GEEF) data. Family business accounts for 9% of the EU’s gross domestic product. Data of Ernst & Young’s research in Germany, Italy, France, and Spain shows that more than 50% of all companies are family businesses. In the Scandinavian countries, the percentage goes over 70. For the Bulgarian companies to be competitive in the local market and abroad, they must pass the relay to the next generation.
- Encourage the entrepreneurial spirit among young people and students – improvement of the quality of professional schools and implementation of pilot projects on the introduction of the dual system;
- Increasing investment in Bulgarian SMEs
- Stimulating business innovations and new technologies
- Promoting the digital economy in Bulgaria – developing and implementing innovative Internet platforms and software solutions directly related to product manufacturing and marketing.
- Introducing e-services for businesses at the central and local levels by promoting the introduction of e-government
- Improvement of the cooperation with national, local, foreign and international governmental and non-governmental organizations performing activities for the development and promotion of small and medium enterprises;
- Improvement of the export position of small and medium enterprises and promotion of international cooperation between enterprises;
- Support SMEs in regions with low employment and low concentration of enterprises in high and medium-tech manufacturing and intensive knowledge services.
STRATEGIC GOALS OF BSMEPA
BSMEPA’s vision corresponds directly with the Ministry of Innovation and Growth concept to improve Bulgarian enterprises’ competitiveness. It aims to achieve sustainable economic growth, including effectively utilizing European funds and improving the business climate. These priorities go to higher levels of added value, real GDP growth in conditions of increasing competition, and successful integration of the business into the European Single Market.
BSMEPA is an institution responsible for conducting and implementing the government’s policy in affirming size as a critical factor for economic growth.
In this regard, the emphasis goes on implementing an integrated package of measures to support exporters, stimulate investments in export-oriented activities and improve the external financial position of the country. For implementing these activities, the state of the balance of payments is essential, as well as the achievement of lasting economic growth based on exports as a growth factor.
BSMEPA supports the implementation of state policy to achieve the following strategic goals:
– SUSTAINABLE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND COMPETITIVENESS
– EFFECTIVE FOREIGN ECONOMIC COOPERATION
The implementation of the strategic goals includes specific measures financed from the budget of BSMEPA.
OPERATIONAL OBJECTIVES OF BSMEPA
- Improvement and refinement of information services for small and medium-sized enterprises;
- Improving the conditions for carrying out economic activity in enterprises by researching and analyzing the specific factors affecting it;
- Encouraging the entrepreneurial spirit and skills of small and medium enterprises through training and seminars;
- Increasing investments in Bulgarian SMEs by foreign and local individuals and legal entities;
- Stimulating market-oriented scientific and applied research intended for industry and creating conditions for attracting private capital to finance innovation;
- Stimulation of market cooperation and development of clusters;
- Improving cooperation with local, foreign, and international governmental and non-governmental organizations carrying out activities for the development and promotion of small and medium-sized enterprises;
- Improving the export positions of small and medium-sized enterprises and promoting international cooperation between enterprises;
- Increasing the skills and competencies of the employees of BSMEPA;
- Increasing the popularity of the activity of BSMEPA, the services provided by the Agency, and the implemented projects;