MISSION OF BSMEPA
Bulgarian Small and Medium Enterprises Promotion Agency subordinates its activities to the implementation of the general strategic goal embedded in the National Development Plan of the Republic of Bulgaria. Its purpose is for Bulgaria to be a country with a high quality of life-based on stable socio-economic development in the process of complete integration into the European Union, uniting the efforts of the government and the social partners. The activities performed by the Agency are being implemented through a series of measures aimed at maintaining stable economic growth, enhancing the competitiveness of Bulgarian enterprises and encouraging their development, promoting the entrepreneurial spirit and supporting technological and innovative production, development of the public-private partnership.
ACTIVITY GOALS AND PRIORITIES
* Support for small and medium business in Bulgaria. The goal is to increase the competitiveness of small businesses by helping start-up and viable SMEs in their efforts to be innovative, ecological and export-oriented, creating favorable conditions for their development by improving their access to finance; encouraging entrepreneurship and enhancing entrepreneurial skills; simplifying administrative and regulatory requirements, especially for small and micro-enterprises.
* Encourage the family business in Bulgaria, which provides numerous job positions. In Europe, family business provides workplaces for more than 5 million people, turnover is over 1 trillion euro per year, according to the European Federation of Family Businesses (GEEF) data. Family business accounts for 9% of the EU’s gross domestic product. Data of an Ernst & Young’s research in Germany, Italy, France and Spain shows that more than 50% of all companies are family business. In the Scandinavian countries the percentage goes over 70. In order for the Bulgarian companies to be competitive not only in the local market but also abroad, it is extremely important for them to be able to pass the relay to the next generation.
- Encourage the entrepreneurial spirit among young people and students – improvement of the quality of professional schools and implementation of pilot projects on the introduction of the dual system;
- Increasing investment in Bulgarian SMEs
- Stimulating business innovations and new technologies
- Promotion of the digital economy in Bulgaria – development and implementation of innovative Internet platforms and software solutions directly related to product manufacturing and marketing.
- Introducing e-services for businesses at central and local level by promoting the introduction of e-government
- Improvement of the cooperation with national, local, foreign and international governmental and non-governmental organizations performing activities for development and promotion of small and medium enterprises;
- Improvement of the export position of small and medium enterprises and promotion of the international co-operation between enterprises;
- Support SMEs in regions with low employment and low concentration of enterprises in the sector of high and medium-tech manufacturing and intensive knowledge services
STRATEGIC GOALS OF BSMEPA
BSMEPA’s vision corresponds directly to the vision of Ministry of Economy and contributes to the implementation of integrated policy for improving the competitiveness of Bulgarian enterprises. It is aimed at achieving lasting economic growth, including through effective utilization of European funds and improving the business climate. These priorities are directly linked to the creation of higher levels of added value, respectively real GDP growth in conditions of increasing competition, successful integration of business into the European Single Market.
BSMEPA is an institution responsible for conducting and implementing government policy in the field of export validation as a key factor for economic growth. In this regard, the focus is on implementing an integrated package of measures to assist exporters, stimulating investment in export-oriented activities and improving the country’s external financial position. The payment balance situation, as well as the achievement of lasting economic growth that is based on export as a growth factor, is important for these activities.
BSMEPA supports the implementation of state policy to achieve the following strategic goals:
– STABLE ECONOMIC GROWTH AND COMPETITIVENESS
– EFFICIENT EXTERNAL ECONOMIC COOPERATION
Implementation of the strategic goals includes specific measures financed by BSMEPA’s budget.
OPERATIONAL GOALS OF BSMEPA
- Improving informational service of SMEs;
- Improving the conditions for realizing business in enterprises by exploring and analyzing the specific influencing factors;
- Encouraging the entrepreneurial spirit and skills of SMEs with the help of trainings and seminars;
- Increasing investment in Bulgarian SMEs by foreign and local physical and legal entities;
- Stimulating market-oriented applied science researches meant for industry and creating conditions for attracting private funds to finance innovations;
- Stimulating market co-operation and cluster development;
- Improving the co-operation with local, foreign and international governmental and non-governmental organizations performing activities for development and promotion of small and medium enterprises;
- Improving the export positions of small and medium enterprises and promote international enterprise co-operation;
- Increasing the skills and competencies of BSMEPA’s employees;
- Increasing the awareness of BSMEPA’s activity, also of services provided by the Agency and the implemented projects;