National Innovation Fund (NIF)
- The NIF was established in 2004 when the Council of Ministers approved the Innovation Strategy of Bulgaria and specific measures for its implementation (Government Decree No 723 of 8 September 2004);
- According to the Innovation Strategy for Intelligent Specialisation of Bulgaria for the period 2014—2020 (final version adopted by Government Decree No 857 of 3 November 2015), the NIF is one of the tools for implementing the Innovation Strategy.
The NIF mission is to foster R&D at enterprise level and promote science-business cooperation
Direct objectives of the Fund:
- Increase production volumes;
- Improve the quality of products, services or processes;
- Reduce the amount of the resources used;
- Foster investments in efficient enterprises.
- Staff costs;
- Depreciation charges for
tools or equipment;
- Expenses for external services;
- Materials and consumables costs;
- Business trips in other countries.
The application process:
- Competitive bidding;